Looking for a funny, useful gift that won't cost much to make, how about Sudsy Poles!
Definitely looks better than it tastes - do not try, Sudsy Pops
Time: 5 minutes
Materials Clear melt and pour soap base (I use renascent)
Pure pigment Soap making dye (I use Renascent)
Isopropyl Alcohol (available from hardware stores in the paint section)
Icy Pole Mould - silicone, plastic
Serrated Cookie Cutter
Cut your clear soap into small pieces.
This is white soap base, but you could use clear as in the above image
pop them into a heatproof container and melt them using either a stovetop or in a microwave (if using a microwave about 30 seconds will do).
Separate them into 2 batches.
Add some dye, just a few drops and then colour up to the desired shade. Use 2 different colours if you like the effect in the image.
Add some fragrance, just a few drops and then a little more until you get the desired fragrance.
Adding colour and fragrance
Gently stir together.
Pour one colour half way up inside the icy pole mould.
Allow to set.
Once set, melt the 2nd colour soap base back down if it has reset, just a few more seconds in the microwave.
Spritz (spray) the set layer with isopropyl alcohol (this allows the 2 to stick together otherwise when you unfold they can slip apart).
Immmediately after spritzing, pour the second colored layer in the mould.
Pour the soap in the mould
Poke in an icy pole stick.
Allow to fully set.
Pop out of mould.
Taking the cookie cutter with the serrated edge, cut a half circle off the tip making it look like someone has taken a bite out. You can remelt and reuse the off cuts for another project.
Your soap is created.
Pop it in a cellophane bag and tie up with a ribbon. Remember to label it "soap, do not eat".
Do not use food dyes as the colours will bleed into the layers causing your finished item to look bad. Use soap Dyes/pigments only.
Perhaps even sprinkle a little cosmetic shimmers in the mould for a sparkly soap.