The only solution to resurfacing of the concrete floors is to self-level them. This is best used in the case of varying elevations or if the floor is sunken or uneven. If you level it again, then it will definitely get a new look. This is basically polymer modified cement that does not need any addition of large volumes of water. It has a major compressive strength that is higher, and it has a viscosity that is almost similar to that of a pancake batter. You can hire professionals who provide the entire self leveling of homes and commercial places in such a manner that the floor lasts long.
Why Use Self-Leveling Compound?
The use of self leveling concrete is to smooth out the surface. It is set up for wood, stone, tiles and other final coverings. The most common types are the water and the acrylic based compound. They are used due to the following reasons:
1. The self leveling concrete is easy to use as the compound comes in ready to use a mixture. The application is effortless and can be applied to the surface in just 10 to 25 minutes. Once the mixture is set, you need not add more water. You also will not require any special equipment for applying it.
2. The compound ideally dries down within a period of 24 hours. However, the drying of the compound depends upon the varying temperatures.
3. The self leveling concrete makes the level completely even. The products that are used are polymer modified ones, so it is flexible and resistant to moisture. It also allows the bubbles to rise above the surface. The compound does not get trapped and so the surface is not a bumpy surface. The surface becomes smoother and the bubbles also diminish making the floor ever flat.
4. It is a fact that the self leveling concrete is not as the final floor surface. The materials that are used are not for frequent walking or any other foot traffic. They are basically intended for sub floors or to be covered by carpet or ceramic tiles. Air and external heat affect the level of aggregate and self-levelling concrete, so if you want a flat and smooth floor surface then self leveling concrete is the best option for your floor.
5. This is an excellent choice as they can be used with easy directions. The self leveling concrete also will save you a lot of money. You also do not have to spend to hire somebody for the installation.
Self Leveling Concrete
What Are The Advantages?
The consistency of the compound is almost similar to the batter of a pancake. This ensures that it can flow easily into the needed areas of the floor surface. Once it is poured, then it will start moving into the areas within just minutes.
The cement can be poured in at least one-inch thickness. It is a very strong compound and it cures quickly. It is however common to pour an entirely new floor and that too in smaller spaces. If the spaces are large, then the people will opt to pour only where the areas are uneven.
The self leveling concrete is becoming very popular especially for the concrete counter tops and is also used to ensure a level surface.
This concept is now widely used by all, but you have to take certain precautions, one is that you have to make sure that the area is cleaned thoroughly. Then you also have to find if there is any mark of low spots. This will ensure that the floor is properly leveled. You can experiment with colored and unprocessed concrete to get the best desired results.