"Managing other email accounts using gmail is a breeze."
Before you can manage other accounts you will need to setup a Gmail account (that is of course, if you don't already have one). So lets go.
1. Log into gmail.
2. Click on the settings link that is located at the top right hand corner of the page.
Then click on settings.
3. Within the settings menu, at the top, click on the "Accounts and imports" tab.
Accounts and imports tab
4. At the next window, within the "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)" area, click on the "Add a POP3 mail account you own" link.
Add a POP3 mail account you own
5. In the popup Window that follows type the email address of the account you wish to manage using the format (firstname.lastname@example.org) then select next.
Enter email address
6. You will be asked to input your other email account's username as well as the password.
a. If it is that you want to also be able to view your other emails from another email client, you may tick "leave a copy of message on the server". If this is not selected, then Gmail will automatically take all emails from your other email account while it is retrieving them.
b. Select "Label incoming messages" - This action will designate a folder for the incoming emails from that account. You will be able to use different folders to view the inbox of each account you add.
c. Click on "Archive incoming messages". In doing this, you will be able to view your external mails by either clicking on the label you gave them or going the All Mail link in Gmail.
Enter the username and password for the other email account's
7. If the email account name and password was entered correctly, and if the POP features were enabled in that other account, the account will be added successfully.
You will at this point be given the option of choosing whether or not you want to be able to send mails from that account. Choose Yes and then click on next.
Account added successfully
8. At this point you will be asked to state the name/alias you want to be displayed whenever any mail is sent from that account.
Enter you alias
9. The final popup window will require you to enter a Confirmation code.
Enter Verification code
To get this code, go to your Gmail account inbox to open the message send to the new account you just added.
New account added
If this mail had not been sent, revisit the popup window and click on resend.
10. Open the message and copy the Confirmation code within.
Copy Confirmation code
11. Revisit the final popup and paste the confirmation code and click on Verify.
Enter Confirmation code
HOWEVER, if after entering the other mailing account and password as highlighted in step 6, are not able to proceed, example
Click on learn more/ read more. If the issue is that POP had not been enabled in that account, you may proceed as follows:
Using a hotmail account for an example:
1. Enter the account and click on inbox. Click on the setting link and then options.
2. In the next window, under the section that states "Managing you account", click on "Connect Devices and app with POP'
3. Click "enable" then "Do what the device or app says..." then click Save.
4. You may then proceed to step 7 above.
It is possible to have up to five accounts being streamed into Gmail in this way.
* Send emails using other mailing accounts
Gmail will also allow you to not only receive the mails destined for these accounts, it will also allow you to also send emails using the identity of whichever account you choose. To allow this:
3.Within the "Send Mail as" section, click on the "delete" for that account.
4. You will then be asked to confirm your intention to delete the account. Click yes.
Changing the password for the other accounts
In your daily use of the other accounts you may decide to change the password for security or other reasons. If this is done then incoming email to those inbox will not be accessable via Gmail. You will need to change the password that is associated with them from within Gmail.
To do this:
1. Click Settings
2. Select the Accounts and Import tab.
3.Within the "Check mail from other accounts (using POP3):" section, click on the "edit info" for that account.
4. You will then be asked to be given the opportunity to insert a new password. Enter the new password and click on Save Changes.