Make an Upcycled Shoe Box CD Holder
Home organization such as de-cluttering your living room doesn't have to be expensive. Have you ever found your CDs and DVDs scattered around the living room or desk? You can get more organized by recycling unwanted items such as shoe boxes to store CDs and DVDs.
Time: 30 minutes
1 Shoe box
Double-sided tapes /adhesive tape
Pen / Pencil
Some of the useful tools
**I used self-adhesive contact paper which is slightly glossy (available in Daiso for $2.80). It is usually use for furniture cover and repair. I selected wood design as it matched the color of my furniture. However, feel free to use any kind of wrapping paper depending on your budget.
1. Roughly estimate how much wrapping paper is needed to cover the entire box (excluding the cover and inner lining of the box )
Shoe box Before
2. Use a ruler and a pen to mark the cutting line on the paper and cut it with scissors/ blade.
3. Wrap the box like how you would for a present but leave the opening.
4. Seal the edges with adhesive tape, double sided tape preferred (if you are not using self-adhesive paper).
5. Repeat step 2 to step 4 for the box cover (optional)**
6. Store away CDs / DVDs in the box
**I kept the cover in case it can be reused as a storage box for something else. For now it becomes the base of the box.
Recycled Shoe Box After
This mini DIY recycling project cost less than $2.80.
229661 - 2023-07-17 11:41:05
Copyright 2022 OatLabs ABN 18113479226